The Lovely Candace over at The Loveliest Way nominated me for the SUNSHINE AWARD!
After reading many of Candace’s posts—and my heart breaking for her—I have drawn a conclusion that Candace is a beautiful lady filled with hope, faith, peace, love. I HATE that these beautiful—inside and out—women I’ve “met” endure SUCH struggle, but thank Jesus for those TTC sisters who exude calmness and stillness and peacefulness. Candace seems like one of those women. 🙂
So, here are the questions she asked me:
1. Do you prefer savory or sweet for breakfast?
I prefer both, actually! I love me a combination of eggs, sausage, etc. with a side of French toast or chocolate chip pancakes. I have a naughty sweet tooth but also need the savory goodness.
2. What is a beauty product you simply cannot live without?
I have two answers for this based on a. beauty products in general or b. specifically makeup. So, I shall share my must-haves for both.
I am a ginger and don’t have dark or super coarse body hair. I imagine that’s a blessing. But, I still hate being super hairy (even though I only shave my upper legs approximately five times a year … maybe …?). Now, I hate having hairy armpits and legs, but I HATE being hairy down there … I get Brazilians every six weeks; haven’t shaved in six years! So, I absolutely could not live without proper hair removal products.
In terms of makeup (and even the hair thing trumps this), I guess I couldn’t live without foundation. Though I’d like eye makeup because—again—I’m a ginger, it’s most important to me to have a clean complexion.
3. Complete the sentence: I wish I had more time for …
… my real life…? Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the idea that I spend 40 hours of my life each week at a desk. I mean, that’s life. Everyone has to work. But when I don’t care about have a five- or ten-year career plan or goal—and all I want is to be a mother—it’s just daunting to know that sitting at a desk takes up a pretty large chunk of my life and time. I do—however—feel called to continue working when I am a mother … my life would just be more fulfilling if I were finally a mother. I mean, work just isn’t much of a consolation when suffering from infertility. And don’t you guys feel like infertility treatment is a full-time job at times?! Geesh.
4. What is the last book you read?
I started reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn about a month ago but just couldn’t get that into it. The last full book I read was Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. I read this book in less than two days because I was having a weekend-long anxiety/depression episode back in March. Great book; shitty reminder of that particular weekend. In case you’re wondering, I LOVE Emily Giffin and Jennifer Weiner. Chick Lit all the way; I’m not ashamed!
5. Which do you prefer: a live or fake Christmas tree?
In my heart, I love the idea of a real Christmas tree. In all reality, though, fake trees are way more convenient for me and are probably what I’m going to stick to for many Christmas holidays to come.
6. What is your favorite Christmas carol?
This is a tough question! I can tell you my least favorite: Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree (particularly when it’s sung [whined] by Jessica Simpson, yuck). But my favorite? There’s something beautiful and unique about Carol of the Bells. This is such a hard question though! There are sooo many good Christmas carols!
7. If you could own a home anywhere, where would it be?
Gosh … I’m not much of a places person as I am a “home is where the heart is” person. If I had to choose, I’d like to own a home in North or South Carolina. I’ve always loved the “culture” of southern east coast beaches. I was reminded of this over the Thanksgiving holiday when we went to the Outer Banks, NC with family friends. Have you ever seen the movie Nights in Rodanthe? It was filmed in the Outer Banks; such a wonderful place. 🙂
8. Which do you like better: gold or silver?
Gold. I think it suits me better than silver.
9. If you were a flower, what flower would you be?
The flower I walked down the aisle with. I had a beautiful bouquet of the deepest of deep red roses. Oh, so beautiful. Classic, simple, yet very bold.
10. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
I haven’t studied the Bible enough to have a favorite book. Though I do admire the stories of Esther, Job, Joseph, Ruth—stories of forgiveness, brokenness, and inner feminine strength/determination.
11. What is something you’re holding to or remembering this Christmas season?
I am not alone. Physically, I will be with my family in my husband’s and my childhood hometown (Colorado Springs, CO). That smell of my home and of packages my mother sends me. My own bed in my room filled with childhood things and yearbooks and my wedding dress hanging in the closet. Waking up and talking with my mama for hours about all kinds of things—stupid things like the Desperate Housewives of Wherever. Giving my daddy an unlimited number of hugs. Feeling outnumbered and like a kid again surrounded by my three brothers.
In my heart, I’m also not alone. Unfortunately, I do not carry this burden alone this Christmas season—another Christmas season. I have a hole in my heart, a void in my life, a burden on my shoulders, but my TTC sisters are helping me carry mine as I hope I am helping them carry theirs.
What I’m holding onto this December is that I’m not alone.
I would like to nominate the following ladies for the Sunshine Award. I’m so excited to read your answers!!!
- Body Shop Girl
- Where The Heart Is
- Eat Love Procreate
- Hidden Infertility
- Our Journey to A Baby Bump …
- Genuine Greavu
- You must believe there are miracles …
- Finding A Way Out Of IF
- Eternally Hopeful
My questions for you:
- What was your favorite year in school (grades 6 through 12), and why?
- What was your least favorite year in school (grades 6 through 12), and why?
- If you could choose any profession (no matter the education and intelligence), what would it be?
- Can you please post five of your wedding photos? I LOVE WEDDINGS!
- What is your favorite sport and why?
- To date, what’s the most meaningful “thing” you’ve learned about life?
- Who are your favorite musical artists/groups? Favorite musical genres? Songs?
- Who are the most beautiful celebrities in your opinion, and why?
- Have you found any hidden gems on Netflix, and what are they?
- Where should we have a TTC sisters trip? Vegas? Quebec? The beach? The mountains?